EMS Levy Renewal on the November 2019 Ballot
This fall, voters will be asked if North Kitsap Fire & Rescue can continue collecting the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Levy at the rate of $0.50/$1,000 of assessed valuation.
Get more information about the EMS Levy and related topics at the links below.
- 2019 EMS Levy Renewal Voter Pamphlet Pro-Con Statement Committee Invitation
A local government agency proposing a ballot measure is required to seek committee members to draft statements both for and against the measure that will be published in the local voter pamphlet. NKF&R posted this announcement at its headquarters fire station and on the home page of its website.
- NKF&R Board of Fire Commissioners’ 2019 EMS Levy Renewal Ballot Measure Resolution
State law requires that the language for local government ballot measures be approved by the county prosecuting attorney’s office. The Kitsap County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office did not approve the originally-submitted language that is included in Resolution 2019-13. See the document below for the amended and approved language that will appear on the ballot.
- 2019 EMS Levy Renewal Ballot Title
- 2019 EMS Levy Renewal Voter Pamphlet Explanatory Statement
The ballot measure’s explanatory statement is prepared by the fire district’s attorney as required by state law.
- Press Release: Three Local Fire Departments Seek Renewal of EMS Levies on Fall Ballot
- Fall 2019 edition of The Pulse newsletter
- EMS FAQ Brochure
- More about NKF&R
Questions about the ballot measure? Call Fire Chief Dan Smith at (360)297-3619 or email.